Thursday, January 22, 2009

Nat Geo and Animal Minds

Those of us who work in hospitals and other institutions can often get so caught up in the least person-centered tasks (like committee meetings with administrators...they're usually thrilling) that we fail to even notice that patients have interests other than therapy. So I felt awakened today when I saw one patient's copy of the March 2008 National Geographic with the cover picture of a border collie's gorgeous face. I had missed that issue before today.

Here is the article. It's a worthy read.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

My mom saved this for me when it came out....gotta love the Borders!! And, really, all dogs!!! :)

dw said...

Andrea - I'm always in awe of border collies! Love all dogs, but the borders are like scholar athletes.