Friday, February 6, 2009

Focus

I am taking off from work each Friday from now until April 1, because administrative rules say that I would lose the extra vacation time that I've accumulated and haven't used until now. What does the accumulation of unused vacation time say about one's character, or one's style of adjusting to this stage of life, etc., as an old friend and mentor of mine would ask?

Well, I had time and some energy to blog today, and since I started this blog not long ago, I've thought that I would share some very cutting-edge thinking and research about the domestic dog's evolution and behavior, and about humans' special relationship with the dog. But today, instead, I believe that I will spend the time venturing out into the snow with one of my own (Oh Dog, when will Winter end?), and leave you with the following blogging thought:

"

Questers of the truth, that’s who dogs are; seekers after the invisible scent of another being’s authentic core.
- Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson (b.1941), author, animal rights advocate
.

3 comments:

mouse (aka kimy) said...

perhaps it says: a) you have been at your job so long that you acquire more vacation time than you can possibly use (or more than the average person's 2-3 weeks a year)
b) your work is so satisfying and fulfilling and you don't want to be away (but it is probably not b as if it was you wouldn't really car if you lose that time)
c) you have more time available than money available
d) you are an unrepentant workaholic
e) some of all of the above
f) none of the above

but regardless, your dog would be most happy if you devoted all these fridays to him/her

where I live, I can't count on winter really ending until mid to late april...and even then....

mouse (aka kimy) said...

oh that car is supposed to read care in b

I really should proof comments before sending them out....

dw said...

Hey thanks for the feedback, mouse. Some of all the above, me thinks.

Winter until mid to late April here too, but still gonna spend a good part of today with Kasey Dude.